Our Team at Anchor Family Dentistry take the safety of our patients very seriously. Infection control and Universal precaution protect both our patients and our staff.
Dr Caven and the entire team, follow procedures recommended by federal agencies such as the Occupational safety and health administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Center for Disease Contol (CDC)
These Measures include
- The Use of Disinfectant Hand Soaps and Solutions
- The Use of Gloves, Personal protective wear and Gloves
- The Use of Chemical Disinfectants on all countertops, and surfaces
- The Use of Barriers on frequently touched areas
- Sterilization of all Equipment
- The Use of Disposable/ single use items
We Sterilize all reusable equipment, including all handpieces using a steam autoclove. This device kills bacterial spores and viruses by heat, Steam and Pressure. We perform a weekly spore test which tests the efficiency and efficacy of the Steam Autoclave.